Congratulations! You are on your way to creating your first sale. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to the Dashboard and Click the "Create sale" button to set up your first sale.
- Once on the “New sale” page, give your sale a name. Don't worry, shoppers won't see it. You can also decide whether to enable your sale. Rest assured, if you enable your sale and choose a sale start date in the future, we won’t discount prices until your sale start date.
- Next, choose a discount type & amount. You can choose a fixed discount amount (e.g., $5 off), percentage discount (e.g., 10% off) or a set discounted price (e.g., $10 each.)
- Then choose the products to put on sale. You can discount specific variants, products, collections or your entire store.
- Now choose your sale start and end date. You can also create a recurring sale. We’ll reduce prices when your sale starts and restore the original prices when your sale ends. If no sale start date is chosen, we’ll reduce prices as soon as you enable this sale.
- In the Advanced options panel, there’s a few settings you can modify including: whether to override the cents in discounted prices (e.g., ensure all discounted prices end in “.95”), how discounts should be applied to prices and compare at prices and whether to apply a tag to products affected by this sale.
- Congratulations! Your sale is ready to be published. If you chose a start and end date, we’ll discount products when your sale starts and restore prices when the sale ends. If no start date was chosen, we’ll discount products once you click save. Shopify limits how many products we can change per second. Here’s how long we think it will take to discount your products once your sale starts.